Driving Regional Economic Development
Increasing competitiveness of the location for existing manufacture and new manufacture by:
- Supporting unconventional gas production, such as shale gas.
- Introducing private wire network arrangements.
- Establishing Free Ports.
Facilitating inward investment by:
- Building marketing capabilities for each region.
- Ensuring strategic raw materials are in place, utilising new technology.
Supporting Clean Growth
Supporting Clean Growth by:
- Establishing regional Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilisation facilities.
- Establishing regional Recycling Hubs for polymers and other materials.
- Supporting the development of local Hydrogen Economies.
- Supporting regional Industrial Symbiosis programmes.
- Providing business parks for SMEs to grow.
- Supporting new technology deployment with accelerator/demonstration facilities.